Security Services RFP 22-02 Re-issued 11/9/2022 Link
Dislocated Worker Services
Discover a path forward.
We’re here to provide hope, help and support to dislocated workers. Our services will help you find and secure the resources you need to make a plan for your future.
What is a dislocated worker?
You may be considered a dislocated worker if any of the following situations apply to you:
- You have lost employment due to a permanent plant closure or a mass layoff within the company.
- Your position has been eliminated, and you will be unable to return to work in that industry or occupation.
- You are self-employed, but the economy or a natural disaster is causing your business to fail.
- You are a displaced homemaker or caregiver who has lost your primary means of support.
- You left a job to follow your spouse who is a military service member, or you are unable to continue employment because of your spouse’s change of military station, or you lost employment as a result of your spouse’s discharge from the military.
Heartland Workforce Solutions offers computer access and helpful staff to assist you in finding resources at our American Job Center.
Dislocated Worker Resources
Some dislocated workers may qualify for assistance with tuition and supplies for post-secondary education and/or training for a new job or career.
Heartland Workforce Solutions helps you navigate applying for unemployment and finding opportunities. You can also view common unemployment questions online.