- This event has passed.
Event Series: Lutheran Family Services Information Booth
Lutheran Family Services Information Booth
March 23 @ 11:00 am - 2:00 pm
Representatives from Lutheran Family Services with be tabling @ HWS on Thursdays from 11am -2pm to provide information on their services.
Overview of Economic Empowerment Program and the services LFS provides:
- The Economic Empowerment program provides employment support services to help refugees identify goals, recognize their skills, and connected with appropriate education and employment opportunities. Whether attending English Language Training (ELT) classes, getting assistance from an employment specialist to apply for jobs, or receiving help to enroll in vocational program or community college, clients receive the necessary support to progress towards their long-term career prospects.
- Available Services: Job Counseling, Job Placement & Orientation , English Language Training Classes (ELT) and Individual Development Accounts(IDA)
- Team members from diverse backgrounds and ability to provide internal interpreter during the services
- Eligible clients can be enrolled in one of the available programs: RSS (Refugee Social Services) and Matching Grant (MG)
- Eligible clients/immigration status as follows but we can only service clients in RSS who has been in US- arrival date in US for 5 years or less.
- Cuban and Haitian Entrants
- Cuban and Haitian Asylum Applicants
- APA and UHP (Ukrainian)
- Victims of a Severe Form of Trafficking
- Lawful Permanent Residents who held one of these statuses in the past
- Iraqi and Afghan Special Immigrants